Monday, September 29, 2014

Shiny Shiny Bitz

Hello again!


Been cheerfully tearing about on Diablo III again, since I went and nabbed Ultimate Evil Edition.  When I stopped playing the vanilla version, I mostly figured I'd never really see better drops without hours upon hours of grinding away.


I was wrong.


Holy crap, did they ramp up the goodies in this thing.  It's become an idyllic Fruitopia, rich in kickass stuff, and not-suck-ities.  (Aside, autocorrect recognizes Fruitopia.)     They add ridiculous extra difficulty levels, with tangibly better drop rates, and then made it so you see more bitz once you max out a character.  Then they added random raid mechanics to get more bitz, then they added even more legendary stuff so you can have MOAR BITZ!!!1!one! 


The forces of badness got a bit deeper, too, with a whole new subset of freaks known as Reapers.  Since my dudes aren't a sheaf of wheat, the reapers got sow reaped they wish they not sow reaped.  Bastards can go and reap some goats, far as my dudes are concerned.  Wretched little goat reapers.


I plan to keep on with the mindless dungeon crawling for a while, and start working my way through with a Crusader (who looks so much like the Black Templar character from Damnation Crusade that he probably endures like a boss).  My only real gripe is apparently a crafting system in place that got a lot deeper, then got kinda shallower soon thereafter.  The crux is that they came up with oodles of unique crafting materials for legendary goodies, then decided to remove these things and simplify the recipes overall.  I wouldn't care so much if the damn things didn't still drop.   Now my inner crafting addict is getting all annoyed that there is cool stuff to make things with, but you can't make things with them.


Well, that just calls for that old saying:  You can lead a horse to water, but you can't have sex with a unicorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment