Sunday, January 10, 2016

Fifty Blades of Fae

No matter that nobody reads my gibbering madness, I shall scream into the cyber-winds!

I've been tearing about again in Kingdoms of Amalur:  Reckoning.  It's still an awful amount of fun, especially if you go ahead and take in in fairly small doses.  It's that rare RPG that doesn't really reward going for marathon runs.

It's starting to actually getting fun with the combat.  Somebody at Big Huge Games played way too Soul Calibur.   Things have actually gotten crazier with the 'flavor' weapons, particularly the Faeblades.  From the name, you'd figure it'd be some extra goofy elf dagger thingies, and you'd be close to right.  However, in the hands of a capable character, you get a very different picture; they're called Faeblades because the lawyers wouldn't let be called dual-wield bat'leths.  Seriously, you're tearing around in the closest thing we'll ever have to Klingon ninja madness.  It's a lovely day to die!  The only way it'd get more crazy awesome is if we got gnomes a playable race.  Behold, I am the Ginsu Gnome, acolyte of Belkar, come to enforce the guarantee.


2 comments:

  1. 'ojmoHlu'pu' batlh'etlhwIj.
    QaDmoHlu'pu' meqleHwIj.
    raghmoHlu'pu' DaqtaghwIj.
    ta'meywIj pewupchu'.
    quvhIj peqaw.

    When my Bat'leth Becomes thirsty,
    When my mek'leth becomes dry,
    When my D'k tahg becomes rust,
    Sing of my deeds,
    Remember my honor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I raid bandit camps
      And then I loot the corpses
      The harvest never rests

      :P

      Delete