Friday, March 27, 2015

Moonstruck Brain Barf

HaHA, you spambots will never be rid of me!

Been tearing about on Borderlands:  The Pre-Sequel.  I'll talk about that later, mostly because I'm pretty frustrated with the game.  Whoever did the vehicles probably did programming work for Battletoads' Level 3.  Thanks a lot for making moon buggies suck.

In other vidya game news, I've also gotten my hands on Shining Force EXA, better known as "Sega Really Wanted To Make Diablo."  It's actually pretty damn fun, and has a distinction of being challenging in a fun way, which I haven't run into lately.

It's actually kind of weird.  Both games have a habit of randomly kicking my ass, they go about in different ways.  Borderlands PS really comes across as trying to steal Dark Souls fans.  I'm hoping it gets better down the line.  2 could be really damn hard at some points, too.  And to be fair, this shit is still awesomesauce.  LASER SHOTGUNS!  YOU'RE WELCOME!

Shining Force here, when I die, I know I screwed up.  I can go back and do the right thing (or grind) and I just jump aboard the train to PwnVille.  Oh and you can smack things with spellbooks.  I don't mean use the spellbook to burninate things (though you can do that too), I mean physically beat people with metaphysical literature.

Dammit, now I want to watch...oh...Raistlin and Snape whack the hell out of some Twilight characters now.  Preferably with copies of The Simarillion.  With Yakety Sax blaring in the background.

Oh, and I'm planning on writing a semi-intelligent post on a semi-serious topic.  It will be entitled "Metallurgy, Mineralogy, and Monster-Mashing."

No comments:

Post a Comment