Sunday, December 11, 2016

I'm On A Rampage!

Blarargh!


Hail once again to the spambots!  It's been a productive day in Final Fantasy XII.  I was foolish and forgot about the importance of preparation and paying attention to gear, and boy did I pay for it.  Got my ass slowly munched by a giant mutant turtle of doom; then I realized that I had gear on almost everybody that rendered them against the ice spells it was flinging.  I finally had to give up and reset.  Sure enough, once I actually fiddled with the equipment like a proper nerd, the boss got pwned pretty good.  The Harvest not be denied.


I've found myself a bit irritated that elemental weaponry has a tendency to be crap in this game, but things are compensated by having new variants of tradition FF goodies.  The Blood Sword was a surprise, going from a crappy Drain spell on a stick to being a +10 Sword of Nasty DoT Ailments.  Another surprise is that undead in this game are vulnerable to Poison and Sap (!) which can lead to some hilarity.


I've finally gotten to where the good soundtracks are playing, and now things are ever better.  Few things can be compared to tearing about the countryside and wrecking freaks to a kickass tune, especially with all the enhanced loot drops and purloined goodies that my party is now enjoying.  Bring me your shinies!

No comments:

Post a Comment