Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Smash Evil and Save Puppies

Well, after dealing with the lamest case of food poisoning ever (or a bizarre allergic reaction, I'm not sure), I managed to do a little more Kingdom Hearts.


There's just so much stuff here that I should either loathe or be too mature to even take seriously.  The platforming is crap, the worlds are somehow shallow and confusing at the same time, the Gummi Ship shmup levels drive me crazy.  There's characters running around from movies and games I haven't been able to look at with a straight face for a decade (or two).  Pretty much every RPG cliché ever is cropping up, along with high-fructose Disney clichés.  I might have taken this thing and tossed in a woodchipper while "Shot In The Dark" is blaring and so forth if I didn't know better.


But let's face it:  This shit is awesome!  You're tearing around the multiverse, wrecking the mindless hordes of badness, stopping along the way to smack the shit out of random cartoon villains and do various little tasks like make friends and rescue puppies.  There's just something about come back to Traverse Town and hanging out with various badasses and then touring a house full of tiny Dalmatians just tearing about and being adorable.  Then you can venture forth and watch Donald damn Duck unleash hell and gorram Goofy shield bash the shit out of evil, all while you unleash the Harvest upon random abominations and make them drop all sorts of shinies. 


You can just tell that this was when Squeenix was bringing their A-game (none of that fal'Cie horseshit or Final Corridor XIII blandness).  I just hope that I'm actually enjoying things later and not just experiencing a game though a fever filter.  The Harvest Continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment