Tuesday, February 9, 2016

I Can't Take Gaming Seriously

Harumph.

There was a time when I could put together something at least semi-serious for a campaign.  Even when I came up with something wacky (the Tooth Fairy campaign), I could actually put time and thought and flesh things out fairly well.

But now it seems that I can't do more than 'lolrandom' character ideas that are just...there.  The latest bit of giggle-worthyness is an army of minotaur lumberjacks led by the fearsome Gus the Black and his fierce mate and rival, Brahma Mama.  Nothing special there, just an excuse to tear around and be violent and eco-unfriendly.  And cow jokes.

Maybe I need to just read more books.  That seems to actually get things going.  I once had a whole thing going for my custom Space Marine army (mostly just bad head-canon fluff) that justified my glorious kitbashing of every loyalist marine kit I could get my hands on.  I even made the Boneyard into something other than a pointless backdrop.  Now I've managed to forget half of it and fell kinda ashamed of the rest; it was kinda Mary Sue-ish.

Let's face it, the Dork Side has left me, and now I bereft of its power to make cool stuff and impress other nerds.  Maturity sucks.

Maybe it's time to put together materials for the NetNerds project.  That one has been bubbling way too long anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment