Monday, November 9, 2015

Dwindling Vespers On The Wind

Hail again to the spambots,

It's just about there.  One last dungeon, one last final boss.  I'm actually a bit torn; I want to go ahead and put this game to bed since I have something like five or six more the queue, but this one has the age-old tradition of having all the really good and/or profitable sidequests only be active at the very end of the game.  I know a lot of is just the designers making sure that you get the content you paid for and the prepwork you need for the finale.

It's an old frustration.  I have a very bad habit of getting to this final dungeon, sometimes even up to the last boss, and just...not caring anymore and plugging in the next game.  Maybe its just a very nerdy fear of commitment.  You take that plunge, and either you're ready and quite satisfied at the end of the day, or you're not and you're smacked around real good or find a crappy resolution to things.  Right now, I plan to buckle down and get my world-saving on.

For a while now, I've been a bit frustrated with Vesperia's sidequest, simply because they're so obtuse when it comes to trigger, and have some nasty windows of opportunity.  Then I thought about it some.  This game follows the proud tradition of having a "New Game Plus" mode that actually opens up some options for customizations and the like for your next playthrough.  You're not meant to see all of the game on the very first playthrough!  Go ahead and whiff a few things; you can get 'em next go-round.

So here's to the next playthrough.  Baddies beware; my fresh batch of plucky heroes will have quite a leg up when I come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment