Friday, March 18, 2016

Forcing The Final Confrontation

So, it has all come down to this.

The sidequests (well, the ones I plan to mess with; I'm not fond of superbosses) are finally over and done with for Blue Dragon.  All that remains is the final dungeon and the final boss at the end.

Laugh all you want, but this is pretty much the hobby I have left, so I take it (way too) seriously these days.

An added wrinkly is that this is the point where I usually just choke and put the game away.  I've never been able to explain why, to be honest.  I've probably babbled on about it in this blog at some point or another; I get to the final portion of a game, have all the sidequests done and get all the ducks in a row; then I just stop.  Its an old, very bad habit (started all the way back with Final Fantasy VI)  that I've had a tough time breaking.  I'm not intimidated by the final challenges of the dungeon itself or the baddos that live there.  I'm not worried about finding a sucky and/or mind screwy ending (JRPGs have a long tradition of those).  I don't have a definitive answer.  Maybe sometimes I don't want the ride to end.  That said, there are some fun games that I beat conclusively and then just played them again down the road.

Oh well.  This one should be on the kill list, and a final review/rant should be up on here soon.  This one has begun to worn out it's welcome, and it's high time it's taken its place on the completed list.  Let the Harvest be unleashed!

No comments:

Post a Comment