Thursday, October 24, 2013

Diablo 3

So. 

Thing's are heating up at work while the things are the house are cooling down (good for the power bill, yes).  For those not in the now, I work in a all-year garden center in a major home improvement store.  I will not provide many details, since I have little interest in creating a problem in my professional life with my inane fribblings; don't expect me to name names, ever.

 However, I will say that we sell fresh Christmas Trees ever year, which is great because I get to use a chainsaw in public and be destructive with a crazy grin.  The kids like to watch the Great Christmas Chainsaw Massacre!  Don't worry, we have a lot of safety procedures in place, and I'm viciously obsessive about rules regarding sharp objects.  The downside to all of this is that we have to tear down and rebuild part of the shop to accommodate things, and 'tis not fun.

But now is the time of year I can focus on things not work-related for a while.  Right now I'm working out the engineering on a minor quasi-craft project, harassing the internet, and drowing my sorrows in Diablo 3.

Damn, that game is fun.  I'm currently running a Demon Hunter, and frankly I think this is as close as we're gonna get to a Mordheim video game.  I'm tearing about with an arsenal of whacky kickass devices designed to cleanse dungeons of demonic freaks and heretics, all the while looking for cash and gear to help me in my quest to hand out colonic arrowtherapy sessions to evildoers.

I've forgotten how much fun an old-style hack-n-slash RPG could really be; I haven't really played one like this since...well damn, Legend of friggin' Mana or Seiken Densetsu 3.  I have done modern style ones, like the shooter variant paragon of pillage that is Borderlands 2 (all hail Salvador and Krieg!), and the somewhat more traditional Dragon's Dogma.  But there's no substitute for a good old-school dungeon crawl.

Anyway, if you're looking for a good looting session and don't have an older console, go ahead and try this sucker out.  It's not perfect, but it's as close to perfect as I've seen for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment