Friday, August 4, 2017

From The Ashes

This isn't quite the usual post.  Yes, I've been tearing my way through another RPG (Atelier Iris 2, again) and I've been having some fun.  But it's really just acting as a gaming palate cleanser, a bit of a romp through familiar territory before I decide on the next big campaign.


But one thing has been leading into another, and now I'm contemplating something a bit bigger.  Over the last few years, I've managed to rebuild my Playstation collection to its former glory, and with some lucky finds and the addition of a PS2 and PS3, actually a great deal better.  Finally buckling down and getting my hands on a Lunar 2 boxset has made good on some of my biggest gamer mistakes.  I know it's silly, but there's a whole thing behind this; not reliving the past, but actually doing one better and surpassing it, even in an incredibly nerdy way.


It's not something I talk about all that much.  My first big RPG collection, it was...tainted.  I did a lot of conniving and mooching and even outright theft to get it.  I've managed to make amends, and fess up to the friend I stole from.  It's kinda funny; everybody has a skeleton or two in their closet, and it's no bad thing to drag it out and be done with it.  This skeleton just happens to be really steeped in the Dork Side.  More proof of divine humor.


This collection is one that I managed to gain honestly, no theft, no mooching, and the only conniving was some shrewd--but honest and open--trades.  I've gotten just about all my Playstation goodies back, and more besides.  And then it hit me.


It hit me, indeed; there was another part to it, that I've been ignoring all this time, and for no actual reason.  I had a nifty SNES collection, too.  I think the time has finally arrived, the clarion call finding its way to my ears.  And this time, I will do it right.  No bullshit, just patience, resourcefulness, a bit of thrift, and a pixelated Harvest done right.

No comments:

Post a Comment